If you are like most people who live and work in the Sonoma Country region of California, you probably lead quite a busy life. If you have children and are divorced or getting a divorce, your life is probably even more complicated. Child custody and parenting time is extremely important for all members of a divorced family, but it is also one of the most difficult areas of divorce to resolve.
Those finding it difficult to balance home, work and parenting time in the wake of divorce often speak with their family law attorney for advice. Sometimes, the solution to these difficulties becomes apparent during these discussions. Other times, a simple calendar might meet your family’s needs. Below are several i9nternet-based tools designed to help you create a custody and parenting time schedule.
- Google Calendar (free): You can create a schedule with this tool that gives you, your co-parent and even your kids the ability to access and edit scheduled activities.
- Coparently (paid): With this tool, you and your co-parent can create and share your schedule online. It offers a 30-day free trial as well as additional features like mobile apps to improve your communications.
- Cozi (free): Creating shareable calendar pages is just one way this free tool helps divorced families. It also offers apps, list capabilities and a family journal feature.
- Our Family Wizard (paid): This company is all about helping divorced families improve communications. You can create calendars and visitation schedules and it also gives you a place to share important information about your kids with your co-parent.
- Talking Parents (free): With this tool, you can create a complete system-of-record detailing all communications between you and your co-parent. This is especially valuable for parents with a history of disputes and conflicts. The service is free for use, but you must pay a small fee to download your records.
Using online custody and parenting time schedules can do much to foster better communications between you and your ex. This is particularly helpful for those who have difficulty communicating face-to-face.