Kathleen J. Smith, Attorney at Law

April 2018 Archives

Do you consider yourself the better parent?

You will undoubtedly face many struggles as you go through your divorce. Because your rocky relationship with your soon-to-be ex likely led to the decision to end the marriage in the first place, you probably expect that the decision-making process for any aspect of the divorce will prove difficult. However, you have one area that you feel particularly strongly about when it comes to achieving your desired outcome, and that area is child custody.

What do I need to know about uncontested divorce?

Not every couple wants to fight things out in court when ending their marriage. Some are actually able to agree on most things by talking them out and addressing any major issues with legal counsel. If you and your spouse find yourselves ready to move on and want to quickly end your marriage, there is one specific divorce option that may be good for you.  

Is a child custody order adjustable?

You went through the divorce process. Your children are currently living with your ex full-time and only see you a few days a month. This was thought best for them as it keeps them living in one house instead of bouncing back and forth. You want to see them more often but your ex is not willing to budge on the matter. Does the state of California ever allow the modification of a child custody order?

What Do You Have Questions About?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Santa Rosa Office
3446 Mendocino Ave., Building E
Santa Rosa, CA 95403

Phone: 707-387-0668
Fax: 707-569-0921
Santa Rosa Law Office Map

Sonoma Office
181 Andrieux St.
Suite 107
Sonoma, CA 95476

Phone: 707-387-0668
Map & Directions